Creative Ways to Use a Classic
The most popular way to enjoy Postum is to stir a teaspoon into a cup of hot water, then add milk, cream or sugar to taste. But many folks have found creative ways to use it – sprinkling it as a topping, adding it to hot chocolate or creating delicious new recipes with Postum. Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share? We’d love to hear from you.
- I T. Postum
- 3 packets of truvia
- 4 T. Powder Creamer
- Make hot then put in jar and refrigerate
Cold Postum for a summer drink.
- Vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop Postum
- 1 – 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Optional – sweeten with sugar, Stevia, Sweetner, or Agauve Milk or Hot Water, 250 mls
- Mix all dry ingredients then add to liquid. Mix until dry ingredients are no longer seen as clumps.
Excellent bed-time snack!
Chocolate Postum Shake
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Ice
- 5 Table Spoons Nestle Chocolate Mix
- 3 Table Spoons Postum
- Mix through in a blender on the milkshake setting.
Blend all of these wonderful ingredients together until they’re all frothy:
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of ice
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Postum
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon Postum
- Sweeten to taste
- Mix thoroughly in blender
- Heat in microwave.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 TBSP Postum
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C., grease and flour 2 round (9″) baking pans
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt and set aside
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. While melting butter, add 3 TBSP Postum to 1 Cup boiling water. Once butter has melted, add Postum mixture and bring to a boil for about 10 seconds, then turn off heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla
- Pour Postum mixture into flour mixture and stir together gently. (Purpose is to cool mixture before adding eggs)
- Add in the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour into baking pans and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool completely and frost with preferred icing. (Our favorite is chocolate buttercream).